- Overnight courier within Auckland - Up to 25 Kgs: $ 6.50
- North Island - Up to 10 Kgs: $ 13.00
- North Island Excess - Up to 20 Kgs: $ 23.00
- North Island Rural Delivery - Up to 10 Kgs: $ 19.00
- South Island - Up to 10 Kgs: $ 23.00
- South Island Excess - Up to 20 Kgs: $ 38.00
- Waiheke Island - Up to 10 Kgs: $ 20.00
- Waiheke Island Excess - Up to 20 Kgs: $ 30.00
- Collect in Store - FREE
Whisper Ultrasonic Leak Detector With Accessory Kit
$ 1,099.00 + gst
The Whisper hand held leak detector offers versatility and flexibility for a variety of applications not just refrigeration or air conditioning. Whisper uses ultrasonic technology to listen for the sound of a gas moving through a leak site, making it a super versatile tool for leak checking ANY gas in pressurised or vacuum systems.
If there is any leak that a gas detector, soap bubbles or a dye injection system can’t address, the Whisper is what you need. Whisper incorporates heterodyne capability, which reduces the ultrasonic frequencies detected to a range that can be heard by the human ear. Variations can therefore be identified to easily pinpoint the ultrasonic source. Heterodyne output is enabled when headphones (included) are plugged in to the detector. Sensitivity is adjusted through an innovative touch pad. Multiple LEDs and an audible alarm register the leak when heterodyne mode is not enabled.
For the ultimate in performance and versatility, consider the Whisper with accessory kit. Along with the leak detector, this kit gives you more accessories for more productivity. Use the contact probe to check machinery’s function. Simply twist the metal probe onto the instrument and touch it to bearing housings, solenoids, pistons and other mechanical equipment to allow frequencies to travel into Whisper’s ultrasonic transducer. Properly functioning machinery sounds smooth and clear, a sharp contrast to malfunctioning machinery.
Use Whisper Transmitter to test seals around any enclosed space, including doors, windows, ducts and refrigerator cases. Simply turn Whisper Transmitter on to generate its ultrasonic tone and place it in the area you wish to leak test. Trace around potential problem areas with Whisper to alert you to the transmitter’s ultrasonic frequencies “leaking” through poorly-sealed areas.
Whisper Transmitter, contact probe, and premium headphones are included in the accessory kit, or can be purchased separately for use with the standard package.
- Detects pressure and vacuum leaks for all gases
- Works perfectly in noisy environments
- Laser pointer makes it easier to pinpoint the leak
- Only technology to detect pressurised nitrogen leaks
- Robust lightweight carry case
- Field replaceable batteries
Range of Applications:
- Leaks of any gas under pressure or vacuum
- Electrical arcing
- Locating worn bearings
- Malfunctions in steam traps
- Refrigerant leaks
- Natural gas/LPG leaks
- Nitrogen leaks
- Leaks in pneumatic systems
- Leaks in compressed air systems
- Diagnosing solenoid operations
- Leaks in sealed areas (refrigerator cases, vehicles, etc.)
- Sensor Technology: Ultrasonic
- Sensitivity: Detects leaks from 0.1 mm diameter orifice at 5 psig from a 30 cm distance
- Leak Indicators: LED; audible alarm
- Power Source:Two “D” alkaline batteries (Duracell Only)
- Battery Life: 165 hours (laser pointer off) ; 115 hours (laser pointer on)
- Probe Type: Rubber extension probe
- Controls: Power (On/Off) Sensitivity (High/Low)
- Working Temperature Range: -20 to 50 °C (-4 to 122 °F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -20 to + 60 °C (-4 to 140 °F)
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 8 cm x 17 cm
- Unit Weight: 482 gm with batteries
- Shipping Weight: 2 Kg
- Certifications: CE Marking Power Safety and EMC
- Country of Origin: USA by INFICON
- Warranty: Full 24 Months Replacement Warranty (see instruction manual for conditions)
In the box:
- 1 x Brand New JAVAC Whisper
- Hard plastic carry case
- Two x ‘D’ batteries
- Rubber probe extension
- 1 x Set of Operating Instructions
- 1 x Full 24 Month Warranty Card
- PLUS Accessory Kit Includes
- Premium headphones
- Metal contact probe
- Whisper Transmitter (with 9 volt battery)
Delivery and Returns:
Please call before ordering, as this item is only ordered on request. Lead time is approximately 14-21 days.
For more details on delivery please feel free to contact us before ordering. Please contact us for Return Authorisation before returning.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply contact us to return it within 30 days in the original packaging and condition supplied for a full refund.
Unless specified above all products carry a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty, where necessary we will liaise with the manufacturer to meet the warranty requirements for you as fast as possible. Where a delay is involved in repair a temporary unit may be available at no charge. Any damage or repairs required that are specifically excluded under warranty will only be repaired at the cost of the purchaser once approval is given. Any unit returned under warranty within 28 days will be replaced with a new unit if the unit is defective.